We need your help!
Umduduzi needs 50 people to make Umduduzi, Hospice Care for Children an official beneficiary of the MySchoolMyVillageMyPlanet fundraising programme.
Even if you are already have a MySchool card, we need you to fill in the form, indicating that you will include Umduduzi as a sole or additional beneficiary.
If you are willing to help us become an official beneficiary, please would you
- Download the application form found below
- Fill it in indicating that you would like to make Umduduzi a beneficiary
- Scan and email the form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form: appform_myschool_english_print
More about MySchoolMyVillageMyPlanet
The MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet fundraising programme is one of South Africa’s biggest community programmes. They raise funds for schools, charities and environmental organisations through a card system that allows supporters to raise funds for their beneficiary (school or charity) every time they shop at their partner stores. Partners make a contribution, on behalf of the supporter/cardholder, towards the beneficiary they have selected.
This system allows cardholders to make a difference to Umduduzi without costing you a cent! We would be delighted if you would consider choosing Umduduzi as the sole beneficiary of your card, or adding us to your existing beneficiaries.
How does it work?
More than 700 000 South Africans carry MySchool cards.
- Supporters apply for a free MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card and can select Umduduzi as their beneficiary. (It is possible to select as many as 3 different beneficiaries, so if you already have a card, you can add Umduduzi as a beneficiary)
- When you purchase items from participating retailers you swipe the card with the purchase.
- A percentage of their transaction is then allocated to Umduduzi.
The partner stores pay the contribution on behalf of the cardholder. All these transactions are recorded and a statement is sent to individual supporters on a monthly basis. The supporter card is not a credit or debit card but simply tracks transactions and funds raised.
Where can you swipe your card?
The success of the programme depends on the number of times you swipe your card. Supporters can use their cards at a range of national, regional and local retail partners on the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet system. Some of the national partners include
- Engen Quickshops,
- Engen Foodstops,
- Tafelberg Furnishers,
- Power24 pre-paid electricity
- Altech Netstar and
- Flight Centre
Learn more about the MySchoolMyVillageMyPlanet Programme at: www.Myschool.co.za