The International Children’s Palliative Care Network (ICPCN) has chosen Friday 13 October 2017 to be a day for raising funds and international awareness of the work of children’s hospices and children’s palliative care (CPC) services worldwide. The campaign is called Hats On 4 CPC and #HatsOn4CPC on Social media. The day raises funds for children’s palliative care, but more importantly, raises awareness of the rights of very sick children with incurable and life-threatening illnesses to receive palliative care.
Who can join in the fun?
Anyone and everyone can take part in the campaign.You can get involved at various levels, either as:
- An individual
- A school or company
- A children’s palliative care service or NGO
Download this flyer to encourage your friends and colleagues to join the fun: Hats On flyer – Umduduzi
To take part as an individual, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Wear a hat to work, school or college on Friday 13 October
- Take a selfie, add the hashtag #HatsOn4CPC, upload to your Facebook page and tag Umduduzi’s Facebook page
- Make a donation to Umduduzi
You could also:
- Get your friends together and host your very own Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, share photos on social media and tag Umduduzi. Use the hashtag #HatsOn4CPC
- Hold a hat making/hat wearing competition with prizes for the winners in different categories, such as most elegant hat, funniest hat, tallest hat, etc.
Please encourage colleagues and friends to wear a hat to work or school on Friday 13 October.
Click here to find out more about Hats On 4 CPC on the ICPCN website.